The Global Distribution Systems (GDS) provide an important distribution channel, putting Avis directly into the travel agency and removing the need for the agent to call an Avis reservation office. All major travel suppliers have the facility to access an Airline reservation system, which allows them to shop and reserve for flights, hotels and cars rental. By accessing the car rental information they can chose to reserve through Avis direct.
The 4 main GDS companies in Europe are: Amadeus, Galileo, Sabre and Worldspan.
Avis enters data such as car groups, prices, rental conditions etc, into the GDS. Any amendments or changes are made onlne from the Avis Wizard system.
Rent a Car information in the GDS screen displays is:
• Car availability
• Specific locations and policy information
• Sipp Codes (our equivalent of car groups)
• Retail Prices (contracted rates are hidden for competitive reasons)
Marketing opportunities within the GDS include:
• Avis can link into partners when certain flights/ dates are reserved.
• Agent specific rates/ discounts/ promotions, restricted from general sale by using their Agency code.
• Travel Agents can give their customers information immediately.
• The travel agent has confidence in the system because it is linked into real time information.
• The link between the agent and Avis will be locked until a confirmation is received.
If you want to contact with us;